Suggest improvements, report a bug, or just say hi!
High volume can cause hearing loss
Listening at a high volume for a long time may damage your hearing. Use with caution.
A high volume may also damage your speakers.
How to use the frequency generator
- Press to play a tone.
- Press to stop it.
- Change the frequency one of four ways:
- Enter the value in the input field
- Press to decrease by 1 Hz
- Press to increase by 1 Hz
- Move the frequency slider
- Move the volume slider to control the volume.
- Move the balance slider to control the stereo panning. When balance is set to "100% L R 100%", sound will be equally distributed between the left (L) and right (R) channels.
- Select from 'Sine', 'Square', 'Triangle', and 'Sawtooth' to change the waveform.
- Press to set the frequency to a given note between C0 and B8. Frequencies assume A4 = 440 Hz.